Queens Theatre to get facelift!
To celebrate their 65th birthday the Queens theatre in Hornchurch are raising funds for a refreshing facelift for artists, participants and audiences alike. I understand that so far they have attracted a £350K grant from the Arts Council and are now adding a small levy on ticket sales to boost the money required to reach the £1 million necessary to achieve the much needed improvements. These include;-
- A new dedicated rehearsal facility,
- A bespoke area for learning work.
- A special room for local artists.
- A New look ground floor bar.
- Improved accessibility for disabled & deaf.
- Replacing outdated equipment.
- Better A/C in the foyer area.
- Roof repairs to protect from weather.
Hornchurch should be proud to have such a renowned facility and local support is vital to ensure its continued success I have just been advised that the famous Pete Corrigans “Band Of Hope” will continue to be playing at the Queens every Sunday lunchtime through next year in what will be their 44th year at the Queens. Like a bit of Dixieland jazz? Then I can assure you you’ll enjoy every minute of the 2 hours of foot tapping music from 12:45.
REMEMBER THE OLD ADAGE “WHEN IT’S GONE ITS GONE” so your support is needed now.